The Active Enfield Team
Term time & holiday programmes:
A range of fun and engaging sports and health activities throughout the year for Young People (ages 5-18), Adults and Over 50s. Our sporting and physical activity courses are both affordable and accessible; delivered across venues and spaces as diverse as schools, community centres, leisure centres and parks. All sessions are coached by qualified instructors with all necessary qualifications and checks.
For the full range of sessions available please visit the What's On Sports Courses and Events section.
Events & Competitions:
- London Youth Games - a pan London competition spanning approx. 30 sports and 50 events, that begins in November and culminates in finals weekend in July each year.
- Mini Marathon - every year we select 36 of the Boroughs best young runners to represent Enfield at the London Mini Marathon held in April alongside the Main London Marathon event.
Externally funded activities:
The team regularly bids for funding to deliver low cost and free activities to targeted groups or areas within the Borough, current funding activities include;
- SEND young people swimming
- Active Through Football
The team is responsible for working with internal council teams as well as NGB's, local leisure providers and Sport England to develop facilities within the Borough, most notably;
- Fusion Leisure Centres
- Tennis courts within Firs Farm & Broomfield Park
- Artificial Cricket pitches
Announcements about all the above sessions are made via the What's On section of the website and also through our social media pages.